When the power of HTML5 on Windows 8 was first showcased, we have seen a lot of rumours on the future of Silverlight. Many online article mentioned that, it is the end of Silverlight. Some said Microsoft is going to stop the development of Silverlight after this Silverlight 5 release and there will be no Silverlight 6 in future. Is it really so?
Let us discuss this topic here. I am not going to write an article this time. We will have a discussion on this topic, your career goal on this platform and what your customers say about it. There are plenty of gifts for you to win. Among them one will be Telerik Ultimate Collection license and the other will be a Pluralsight Annual Plus Subscription from me. So, take part of the discussion, hear from other users voice, discuss and win cool gifts.
For couple of months we are hearing that “Silverlight is Dead”, but is it really dead? Different posts on internet has different voice. You may refer some blog posts those I bookmarked in Silverlight-Zone.com and here are they:
- Is the Future of Silverlight Coming to an End?
- Why Adobe had to Kill Flash Player for Mobile; and Silverlight, Flex, HTML5 parallels?
- Silverlight 5 - the end of the line
- Microsoft to shut down Silverlight after version 5
- Will there be a Silverlight 6 (and does it matter)?
- Silverlight is dead…and our thought process too !
- Silverlight is dead. F****** dead
You may notice that, there are some mix of juice here from different people and as a Silverlight Developer and MVP, I want to know what the users say about the future of it. Is it really coming to an end or will it stay for long time. Want to hear users voice. Let us discuss it here and read what others say about it.
Win! Win! Win!
To take part in the contest, follow the simple 3 things mentioned below:
- Follow me on Twitter @kunal2383 and/or Like my Blog page on Facebook
- Discuss what do you think about the ”Future of Silverlight” in the Comment Section of this post.
Don’t forget to share your Name and Twitter/Web page handle (so that, we can communicate with you, if you win)
(No “Anonymous” postings please)
- Share this post’s URL in any other social networking sites.
Don’t stop here itself. There are something for you to win this time from me again. As part of the Giveaway, you could win the following gift items from me:
- The best entry will win a “Telerik Ultimate Collection 1 Developer License” worth $1999 with Priority Support
- The second best entry will win a “Pluralsight Annual Plus Subscription” worth $799
The last date of the entry will be 10th December 2011. The panels decision will be final.
The result will be announce by 15th December 2011. Due to some reasons, we postponed the declaration of the result. Will announce it shortly.