The Microsoft 70-506 exam is designed for candidates who are preparing and maintaining rich Internet-based applications using Silverlight. It emphasizes on Silverlight 4, however also covers core Silverlight concepts. The TS: Silverlight 4 Development (70-506) exam provides credit towards MCTS: Silverlight 4 Development.
Few days ago, I started reviewing the preparation kit and today in this blog post, I am going to share the review report of the Preparation Kit. Read how it will help you to prepare yourself for the Exam. Special discounts are available for my blog followers. If you want to purchase it, contact me first to get a discount coupon.
Few months ago I reviewed the 70-515 exam preparation kit and published the review report in my blog here: Review Report: 70-515 Exam .NET 4.0 Preparation Kit from uCertify. If you are looking for 70-515 exam preparation kit, read the above post to get a glance of the exam kit.
This Microsoft’s 70-506 exam consists of multiple-choice questions, Hot Area, Drag and Drop, Build list and reorder, and Build a Tree questions. The test can be adaptive and simulation questions might be asked. There are no Case study type questions. You will be required to attempt approximately 55 questions in 120 minutes. To pass, you need a score of 700 out of 1000.
uCertify recently launched their online platform learn.uCertify.com. I was approached to write a review on online version of 70-506 exam PrepKit. The PrepKit looks like at a first glance:
What is covered in PrepKit 70-506?
The Practice guide having excellent practice questions of 70-506 covers 100% objectives for Microsoft 70-506, in accordance with actual exam pattern and question types. The 70-506 PrepKit covers following exam essentials:
- Laying Out a User Interface: It includes to arrange content with panels, to implement and configure core controls, to implement a navigation framework; This objective may include but is not limited to: implementing caching on a frame, modifying journal mode, etc.
- Enhancing the User Interface: It involves to create or modify control styles, to create control templates, to create or modify data templates, to manipulate visuals, to animate visuals, etc.
- Structuring Applications: It includes to create and consume resource dictionaries, to implement localization and globalization, and to handle application-level events.
- Deploying Applications: It involves following objectives: Configure the Silverlight plug-in, Dynamically load application resources, and Create a client access policy.
The features of the PrepKit are:
- It has number of practice tests
- It has more than 100 quizzes
- Flash cards
- Study planner
- And your analytics based on test taken
From the test sets tool in the bottom menu, you can choose the type of test you want to take. You can change the time duration, total score, passing score etc.
Once you will start the test, you will see interesting Silverlight questions.
After taking the test, you may know which question you have answered right and which marked wrong. Graph is created like this:
Then I clicked on the book menu and analyzed that it covers all the objectives in a form of chapter. Here is a screenshot of the same:
I found that all the features of the online PrepKit are very easy to understand and use. It is better to prepare for Silverlight 4, Development exam from uCertify PrepKit. A special discount is available for my blog followers. If you want to purchase the said preparation kit, contact me first to get the discount coupon.
Last but not least, connect with me on Twitter and Facebook for technical updates and articles news. Also subscribe to my blog’s Newsletter to get all the updates delivered directly to your inbox. We won’t spam or share your email address as we respect your privacy.