Microsoft India presents Windows 8 AppFest, the world’s largest coding marathon for building great apps for Windows 8. It is going to happen on 21st and 22nd September 2012 at Bengaluru, Karnataka.
If you have the passion to learn and build a quality app for Windows 8 with the help of Microsoft Engineers and trainers, don’t forget to register for it to attend.
What is Windows 8 AppFest?
Windows 8 AppFest is the the world’s largest coding marathon for building great apps for Windows 8. Bring your vision, laptop to AppFest for a chance to transform your dream into a Windows Store download. Starting on September 21st and continuing for 18 hours, thousands of talented programmers and designers will gather in Bengaluru to bring their dreams to life.
Onsite staff will be available to assist AppFest participants with preparing their apps for eventual submission to the Windows Store. You will have the opportunity to have Microsoft staff run your app through a series of quality checks in addition to discussing techniques to make your app even better. It will offer you a rare opportunity to realize your vision, discuss your designs, and gain valuable insights into the art and science of Windows 8 app creation. Participation is free and you can be assured of a comfortable environment to code.
How can I Participate?
This event is Free of Cost. If you want to be part of that community to build a quality app for Windows 8 Store, Register for the event and submit your application idea first. This will be verified by Microsoft professional and based on that, they will invite you for this event.
The registration process already started. If you want to take part in that from 21st September 2012 – 22nd September 2012, register for it today and submit your app idea now.
There are 20 categories currently available in the Windows Store and you can choose any one of them for your Win8 application. The 20 categories under which nomination can be submitted are as follows:
- Books & reference - Apps related to books, reading, and reference materials.
- Business - Apps related to running and succeeding in business.
- Education - Apps related to education, teaching, or learning.
- Entertainment - Apps for fun and general entertainment.
- Finance - Apps for managing personal finances.
- Food & Dining - Apps related to food, cooking, or dining.
- Games - Apps and games for fun.
- Government - Apps created by or for use by government agencies.
- Health & Fitness - Apps for maintaining good health and fitness.
- Lifestyle - Apps related to leisure activities, hobbies, and other interests.
- Music & Video - Apps for the creating, listening, or viewing of music and videos.
- News & Weather - Apps for news and weather, including current events and celebrity gossip.
- Photo - Apps related to photography, image processing, and sharing.
- Productivity - Apps related to personal productivity, such as scheduling, organization, and communication.
- Security - Apps related to the security of a PC, such as antivirus, anti-malware, and firewalls.
- Shopping - Apps related to online shopping.
- Social - Apps related to social media and social networking.
- Sports - Apps related to sports.
- Tools - Apps that help users complete a specific task, such as calculators.
- Travel - Apps related to travel, such as currency converters, trip planners, and travel guides.
Here is the venue details:
|Karnataka Trade Promotion Organisation, |
121, EPIP Industrial Area, 5, Whitefield,
Bengaluru - 560066, Karnataka