One of my friend, Abhishek Sur (Microsoft MVP, Client App Dev), recently published a book titled "Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5 Expert Development Cookbook" covering basic usage of Visual Studio 2012 IDE, its various components and better utilization of the tool.
This post is just an announcement of the book and introduce you with the content of it. If you are willing to buy, find herewith the links of different store.
"Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5 Expert Development Cookbook" is a step-by-step practical guide that teaches you how to work with new changes on technology under .NET. It provides in-depth analysis and expert advice on various elements of .NET, applying them in code using detailed practical examples.
The book provides solutions to common development problems and helps you adapt to the latest technologies and get to grips with modern app development for the .NET 4.5 platform.
This cookbook gets you started on Visual Studio 2012 IDE and its various tooling capabilities. It provides expert knowledge on .NET infrastructure, internals of assemblies, and a basic introduction of Intermediate language. Common C# concepts and ideas are demonstrated through an example-driven approach.
Why should I read this book?
If you are thinking whether to buy it or not, here are some important points which will help you to understand the need of this cookbook before purchasing it from a store or market:
- This book provides basic usage of Visual Studio 2012 IDE, its various components and better utilization of the tool while writing code.
- It will help you to understand the memory management techniques to build better applications.
- It will also help you to understand the .NET infrastructure with in-depth analysis of its internals. Abhishek is very good in .NET internals and in this book he will guide you to understand it better.
- If you are leading towards architecting your project, the architect solutions mentioned in this book will leverage the full power of .NET language gems, understanding when to use what.
- After reading this book, you will be able to implement multithreaded / asynchronous applications using recent updates on .NET 4.5 and compare the past approaches.
- You will be able to create secure ASP.NET web based applications in .NET 4.5 with use of JQuery and HTML5 for rapid application development.
- This will help you to architect advanced .NET client applications using MVVM with WPF 4.5.
- Not only these, it will also help you to understand touch sensitive devices and leverage skills to develop multi-touch applications inside Windows 8.
Purchase it Online
If the above mentioned points strikes your mind and you want to know more about Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5, this is the right book for you to get started with your application development IDE. You can find the book in various online store as mentioned below:
About the Author
Abhishek Sur is a Microsoft MVP in Client App Dev since 2011. He is an architect in the .NET platform. He has profound theoretical insight and years of hands on experience in different .NET products and languages. Over the years, he has helped developers throughout the world with his experience and knowledge. His website abhisheksur.com guides both budding and experienced developers to understand the details of languages and latest technology. He enjoys a huge fan following on social networks. You can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org, or get online updates from Facebook or Twitter @abhi2434.