Team JetBrains released the RTM version of ReSharper 9.0, a very popular productivity tool for the developers using Visual Studio IDE. The new release supports Visual Studio 2015 Preview and C# 6.0, along with many other new features and improvements.
In this post, going to share the 30-day trial version link which you can download to try the new bits. Also sharing the link towards the features. Continue to read more.
What is ReSharper?
Those who don’t know about R# (ReSharper), it’s a popular developer productivity tool/extension for Microsoft Visual Studio which automates most of what can be automated in your coding routines. It finds compiler errors, runtime errors, redundancies, code smells and possible improvements right as you type, suggesting intelligent corrections for them.
How to download ReSharper 9.0?
You can download the latest version of ReSharper i.e. 9.0 by clicking the below link. Remember that, you can use it for Free for 30-days and then you have to obtain a new license in order to continue using the product. In case you face any issue with Visual Studio intellisense after using this product, follow the steps mentioned in this post: “Visual Studio Intellisense Stops Working. How to reactivate?”.
Before installing ReSharper, you must know the system requirements in order to use it. If you don’t meet the said specification, it is advisable not to install in that environment. Here is a list of system requirements:
- Minimum Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz Processor
- At least 4GB RAM, recommended 6GB or higher
- Disk space: 175 Mb
- One of the following operating systems (a 32-bit OS is highly not recommended for optimal performance):
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (not recommended)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (not recommended)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (not recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 10 Preview
- One of the following Visual Studio versions installed:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Update 4
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Update 3
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1
What’s new in ReSharper 9?
Below is a list of few Key Highlights of the final ReSharper 9.0 RTM release version. To know more about new changes in this release, read “What’s new in ReSharper 9?” published by JetBrains team. To know a brief list of features in ReSharper 9, follow this link: “ReSharper Features”.
- Support for Visual Studio 2015 Preview while preserving compatibility with Visual Studio 2010, 2012 and 2013. A minor ReSharper update will be made available as soon as Visual Studio 2015 reaches the market.
- Support for C#6.0 Although the final feature set for C#6.0 is not yet public, ReSharper 9.0 already provides support for new language constructs such as static usings and exception filters. We’ve also added a set of new quick-fixes to replace curly brace delimited constructs with expression bodies, or to update your null checking code using the new .? operator.
- New navigation features including Go to Action to allow searching for a particular action using the legendary Alt+Enter shortcut and Navigate to Exposing APIs option for finding all the methods that are capable of returning a particular type.
- Regular Expressions support with code completion for wildcards and regular expression groups, error highlighting, quick-fixes and a separate Regular Expression Validation Utility.
- Fix in Scope improvements to remove redundant qualifiers, fix naming or remove regions in the scope of the whole solution. ReSharper is now able to look through the code in your solution and generate the appropriate imports for all the types including extension methods.
- Type Dependencies Diagram that helps finding out what code depends on a particular type, and what the type itself depends on.