Microsoft released Windows 10 Technical Preview release build: 9926 for the people registered under Windows Insider Program. This January 2015 release adds new features including Cortana support, enhanced UI and a set of other stuffs.
Find the steps mentioned below to download the Windows 10 (build: 9926) to try the new features coming in Windows 10. Also, ISO links are available for offline installation.
If you are already part of the Windows Insider Program and already installed Windows 10 Technical Preview, you can download the January release build #9926 by following the below steps:
- Press “Win + C” to bring the charm bar
- Click “Settings” and then “Change PC Settings”
- Click on “Update and recovery” menu item and then “Preview builds”
- If it shows “Download new preview build” at the right panel, click “Download now” button to start the download process. Once it downloads the latest build, it will start the installation process automatically keeping your apps and settings intact.
Alternatively, you can download the offline version of the build and do the manual process to install the Windows 10 build : 9926 in your system. Remember that, it’s currently comes under Technical Preview and hence there could be lots of development bugs still present in it. So, it is advisable to install it in a virtual box unless you are a advanced user and able to format your system if something goes wrong with it.
Below are the list of available source to download the ISO image for offline installation:
In case you need a Product Key to install the Windows 10 Technical Preview, here it is: NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR
- Trying out an early build can be risky as it might have many bugs. We recommend that you don't install the preview on your primary home or business PC. Unexpected PC crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything.
- If you want to stop using Windows 10 Technical Preview and return to your previous version of Windows, you'll need to reinstall your previous version from the recovery or installation media.
- After you install Windows 10 Technical Preview, you won’t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.