Along with Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 10581, the giant company also released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10576 for PCs. This is the first time when Microsoft released Windows 10 for both the platform. This build features few new changes along with a bunch of bug fixes and improvements.
If you are a Windows Insider in fast ring, you might have already got the notification about this update. Sharing here the new features set, list of bug fixes and known issues.
Are you a Windows Insiders and in the fast ring? Then you might have already got the update notification. If not, force an update from Settings –> Updates and Recovery to get the latest insiders build of Windows 10.
New features in Windows 10 build 10576
- Media Casting in Microsoft Edge: You can now use Microsoft Edge to cast video, picture and audio content from your browser to any Miracast and DLNA enabled device on your network. The following scenarios are currently available - Cast a video from YouTube, cast a Facebook photo album, cast your music from Pandora.
- Ask Cortana inside PDFs in Microsoft Edge: You can now highlight text while reading a PDF in Microsoft Edge and right-click to “Ask Cortana” to find additional information.
- Updated Xbox beta app: The Xbox beta app for Windows 10 was updated last week which includes the ability to easily find and add Facebook friends who are also on Xbox Live to play, chat and share clips.
Issues fixed in build 10576
- Microsoft fixed the issue where the Xbox app for Windows 10 would consume GBs of memory on your PC if you have any Win32 games (non-Windows Store games) installed on your PC that have been identified as games or added by you in the Xbox app.
- The giant company also introduced an early preview of nested virtualization so that people could run Hyper-V Containers in Hyper-V virtual machines with Build 10565. This build includes performance improvements.
- They are also addressing a lot of feedback around localization text UI in various languages and you’ll see a lot of that work in this build.
- The search box should now work in this build if you are in a locale where Cortana is not available.
Known issues in Windows 10 insider build 10576
- To continue receiving missed call notifications and send texts from Cortana, you will need to be on this build and higher. We’ve made a change that improves this experience that requires newer builds.
- When notifications pop up from Action Center, any audio playing (like music from Groove, or videos from the Movies & TV app) gets reduced by 75% for a period of time.
- After upgrading to this build, all your Skype messages and contacts are gone in the Messaging app. The workaround for this is to navigate to this folder in File Explorer:
- Delete or rename the “PrivateTransportId” file.
- Then restart the Messaging app.
- Small form-factor devices, like the Dell Venue 8 Pro, that boot with rotation or virtual mode screen size set larger than the physical screen size will experience a bluescreen on upgrade and will roll back to the previous build.
- After upgrading to this build, the power button on your Surface Pro 3 may no longer put your Surface Pro 3 to sleep and instead shut down.
- WebM and VP9 have been temporarily removed from builds. We continue to develop a VP9 implementation that we intend to ship in Windows. Expect VP9 to return soon in a future build.
You can find my Windows 10 Tips and Tricks series available in the link mentioned below: http://win10tips.kunal-chowdhury.com. Also bookmark the same page for future reference as I update it regularly whenever I make a new post on Windows 10 features, announcements, Tips & Tricks.
Subscribe to my blog’s RSS feed and email newsletter to get the immediate email notification about new blog post. I am available on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and share many good articles/Tricks on my social feed. Don’t miss those from the next time. Do connect with me over there and subscribe to the feed and yes, don’t forget to reshare/retweet that I share.