Microsoft announced a new preview build 15014 for fast ring Windows Insiders. This build has a ton of fixes and few enhancements for both PCs and Mobile devices. In a blog post today, Dona Sarkar, also announced the delay in releasing the 'My People' experience in Creators Update.
In this post, know about the key features/improvements that's part of this build. Also, checkout the other improvements and fixes, known issues etc. before installing it.
Last week, the Windows Insiders in the fast ring received two preview builds 15002 and 15007. The last week itself, Microsoft released the ISO image of insiders build 15002. Within a week time frame Windows 10 Insiders build 15014 has been announced, focusing the release of 'Windows 10 Creators Update' for general availability in early April 2017.
Here's the list of key features/improvements announced with this build for PCs and Mobile devices:
- You can now purchase eBooks directly from the Windows Store in Windows 10 Creators Update. But, it is currently limited to US Store only.
- Microsoft Edge will have a books library, just near to your favorites, history, downloads and reading list.
- Using Microsoft Edge, you can now navigate through an eBook, read unprotected EPUB files along with PDFs.
- You can now set your custom accent color in your PC.
- Cortana’s voice in notifications and Action Center will now have bigger text.
- You can now clean up your temporary files and recycle bin automatically on low disk space.
There are plenty of other changes, improvements and fixes for PC and Mobile. Checkout the original blog post published by Dona Sarkar. Also refer to the section 'Known issues for PC' and 'Known issues for Mobile' before starting the download/installation.
Please note that, there is a known issue in PC which will show you that you’re stuck at 0% or at other percentages while downloading this build. This is due to the download progress indicator shown when downloading this build is currently broken under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update. Just ignore the indicator and stay patient. The build will download fine and the installation should kick off momentarily.