Microsoft released Windows 10 Insiders Preview Build 15019 for PCs. If you are an insider in the fast ring, check for updates to see the new update notification. It is a successor to build 15014, released last week. The new build focuses more on ‘Gaming Features’ which is going to come in Creators Update.
Checkout the new/enhanced features along with the known issues before installing this build. If you are not comfortable to install, give it a pause.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15019 for PC for fast ring Windows Insiders is now available. Though this build has few platform related bugs which will impact the ability to play popular games on your PC, but these platform bugs are not related to the new gaming features such as Game Mode.
Dona Sarkar, in her blog post mentioned about this bug:
What’s new in Build 15019?
Here’s the list of key features for PCs coming with the build 15019 for fast ring Windows Insiders. Have a look into those:
- Built-in Beam streaming: Beam is the easiest and quickest way to stream gameplay. After updating to this build, you can start Beam broadcasts by pulling up the Game bar — Windows + G.
- New Games section in Settings: A new settings page has been added to Windows 10’s Settings app specifically for gaming. This new section will be identifiable with the Xbox logo.
- Game Mode: It will optimize your Windows 10 PC for an improvement in game performance. To enable Game Mode, go to Settings > Gaming > Game Mode.
- Windows Game bar improved full-screen support: In this build, added support for 17 additional games in full-screen mode with Windows Game bar. Just hit WIN + G to invoke Game bar to capture a recording or screenshot.
- Other Improvements:
- Microsoft Edge can now read aloud
- Microsoft Edge will now display full-color, updated emoji
- The Wi-Fi connectivity experience has been updated to support “captive portal” Wi-Fi networks
- The Microsoft Account (MSA) Sign-in and Sign-up flows are now updated to the new design for the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Users can now enroll into Windows Hello using the new design implementation for the Windows 10 Creators Update with Cortana
- To make it more accurately reflect what the feature does, Microsoft renamed the “blue light” feature to “night light”
- You can now quickly resize VMConnect by dragging the corners of the window and the guest operating system will automatically adjust to the new resolution
In this build, there are a lot of other changes, improvements and fixes for PCs published by Microsoft. You can find them all in the original blog post published by Dona Sarkar. There are many other known issues already published. Check them out before you start the download. Here are two common issues you must aware of:
- IMPORTANT: The download progress indicator shown when downloading this build is currently broken under Settings > Update & security > Windows Update. It may look like you’re getting stuck at 0% or at other percentages. Ignore the indicator and be patient. The build should download fine and the installation should kick off. See this forum post for more details.
- After updating to this build, nonstop exceptions in the Spectrum.exe service may occur causing PCs to lose audio, disk I/O usage to become very high, and apps like Microsoft Edge to become unresponsive when doing certain actions such as opening Settings.