After the release of Windows 10 Redstone 3 build 16184 last week, Windows Insiders in the fast ring got their next preview build 16188 for PC today along with Mobile build 15210. This PC build includes a lot many new features and enhancements that you want to try.
Before going to download the new preview build from Redstone 3 development branch, don't forget to checkout the 'Known Issues'.
The first week of May got a new insider preview build 16188 for PCs in the fast ring. Dona Sarkar, in her official blog post, announced the availability of the new PC preview build 16188 as well as the new Mobile preview build 15210.
Windows 10 Insiders Preview build 16188 includes a lot many changes and improvements for Microsoft Edge. This includes:
- PDF Form filling within the Microsoft Edge browser, so that, you can fill and PDF form, save and print easily directly from the browser.
- The annotations capability has been extended to PDF files too.
- You can now have 'Table of Contents' for PDF documents. Clicking on any heading in the side pane will navigate you to the part of the document.
- Sometime the scanned PDF documents are not properly oriented. You can now rotate the PDF documents easily with a click of a button present in the tool bar.
- Using the 'Layout' menu, you can now switch from one page view to two page view.
- Microsoft Edge got update for Windows Defender Application Guard, which you can install from the Windows Features. When installed, you can see a 'New Application Guard window' menu in Microsoft Edge.
Apart from this updates to Microsoft Edge, the new build also came with another set of updates and fixes. Here are some of them:
- The 'Windows Insider Program' menu in Windows 10 settings app got a new icon.
- Cortana settings has been included in Windows 10 Settings app itself.
- You will now see a reimagined Magnifier Settings page and has some new features to try.
- Fix for an issue where the explorer.exe was crashing.
- Fix for an issue where double clicking the Windows Defender Security Center icon was not opening the application.
For a complete list of changes, improvements, fixes and known issues for PCs, checkout the original blog post published by Microsoft Windows Insiders chief.
Source: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16188 for PC