Microsoft released Windows Phone 7.1 SDK Beta 2 today, 29th June 2011. It has a no. of new features as well as some breaking changes respect to previous Beta 1 release.
In this post, find the link to download the Beta 2 SDK of Windows Phone 7.1 (Mango) which includes both the web and standalone offline installer. Also find the links towards new and breaking changes.
What's there in the SDK?
Windows Phone 7.1 SDK Beta 2 includes the following items:
- Windows Phone SDK 7.1 Beta 2
- Windows Phone Emulator Beta 2
- Windows Phone SDK 7.1 Assemblies Beta 2
- Windows Phone SDK 7.1 Extensions for XNA Game Studio 4.0
- Microsoft Expression Blend SDK Preview for Windows Phone 7.1
- WCF Data Services Client for Window Phone 7.1
- Microsoft Advertising SDK for Windows Phone 7
- Silverlight 4 SDK and DRT
Download Windows Phone 7.1 (Mango) SDK Beta 2
Before installing the SDK, make sure to uninstall the previous beta version of the developer tools. More about the installation instructions and system requirements can be found in Microsoft Download Center. Find the below links to download the SDK:
- Download Web Installer of Windows Phone 7.1 Beta 2 SDK (3.0 MB)
- Download Offline/Standalone Installer of Windows Phone 7.1 Beta 2 SDK (723 MB)
Once downloaded, read the following documents to know more about the new features and breaking changes compare to the previous beta release:
- What’s New in the Windows Phone SDK 7.1 Public Beta 2 Release (MSDN)
- Windows Phone 7.1 Beta 2 Release Notes
- Still there are some known issues. Read them here: WP7.1 Beta 2 Known Issues.