Microsoft aired Windows 10 build 10586 for the fast ring Windows Insiders. If you are one of them, you can get it via Windows Update service. This build is mainly focused on bug fixes and improvements to move forward the final build of Threshold 2. As it is a developer preview build, has some known issues.
This post lists all the fixes and known issues in this build. Before installing, please go thru the lists. Windows Feedback app to report any problems that you might encounter with this build.
29th October Microsoft Released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10576 and within a few days, the giant company released another build 10586 for the Windows Insiders running Windows 10 in the fast ring. Windows Insiders head Gabe Aul in a blog post on 5th November announced the availability of this new build. The build does not have any new features but bug fixes and improvements.
What has been fixed in this build?
- The issue where any audio playing (like music from Groove or videos from the Movies & TV app) gets reduced by 75% for a period of time after a notification pops up from Action Center is fixed.
- Pressing the power button on your Surface Pro 3 should put your Surface Pro 3 to sleep instead of shutting it down.
- Microsoft fixed an issue reported by Windows Insiders where a disksnapshot.exe command prompt window would flash randomly.
- Windows should now remember your previous login type. For example, if you log in with a PIN – it will prompt you for a PIN next time instead of another type.
- Microsoft fixed an issue where Tab previews in Microsoft Edge were appearing as black if the page was not scrolled to the top, and web note clippings were also appearing as black.
- Small form-factor devices, like the Dell Venue 8 Pro, that boot with rotation or virtual mode screen size set larger than the physical screen size should no longer experience a blue screen on upgrade.
- Apps and games should download from the Store more reliably.
Known Issues in Windows 10 build 10586
- After upgrading from one Windows 10 Insider Preview build to another Insider Preview build, Skype messages and contacts will disappear from the Messaging + Skype app. You can get Skype messages and contacts back by navigating to “C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Messaging_
8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache” in File Explorer and deleting or renaming the “PrivateTransportId” file. After deleting or renaming that file, go to the Skype video app and sign out of Skype and sign back in.
- The Insider Hub might be gone after upgrading to this build. You can get Insider Hub back by going to Settings > System > Apps & features and clicking “Manage optional features”, choosing “Add a feature” and selecting Insider Hub.
You can find my Windows 10 Tips and Tricks series available in the link mentioned below: http://win10tips.kunal-chowdhury.com. Also bookmark the same page for future reference as I update it regularly whenever I make a new post on Windows 10 features, announcements, Tips & Tricks.
Subscribe to my blog’s RSS feed and email newsletter to get the immediate email notification about new blog post. I am available on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and share many good articles/Tricks on my social feed. Don’t miss those from the next time. Do connect with me over there and subscribe to the feed and yes, don’t forget to reshare/retweet that I share.