In this chapter of the tutorial, you will learn about the very basic information on Silverlight i.e. what is Silverlight, what is the System Requirements for installing Silverlight and the pre-requisite to create a Silverlight application. After reading this chapter you will come to know about XAML, XAP file, Application XAML and how to host a Silverlight application.
- What is Silverlight?
- What are the System Requirements for installing Silverlight?
- How can I know whether Silverlight is installed in my PC?
- What are the Prerequisite to create a new Silverlight Application?
- What is XAML?
- What is App.xaml file?
- What is MainPage.xaml file?
- What is XAP file?
- How can I host a Silverlight Application?
In this chapter we will first discuss on how to create a new Silverlight project and the structure of it. Later in this chapter we will discuss on UserControls and various ways of developement. After reading this chapter you will be able to create a HelloSilverlight application and UserControls for your application.
- How to create a new Silverlight Project?
- What’s the Project Structure of Silverlight?
- Creating a “HelloSilverlight” Application
- Creating a Silverlight UserControl
In this Chapter I will describe about different Panels available in Silverlight. After reading this chapter you will be familiar with various types of Silverlight Panels. As this tutorial is mainly targeted for Silverlight 4, hence you will find some panels unavailable in the earlier versions of Silverlight.
- Overview of Panels
- “Grid” Layout Panel
- “Canvas” Layout Panel
- “StackPanel” Layout Panel
- “ScrollViewer” Layout Panel
- “Border” Layout Panel
- “ViewBox” Layout Panel
Visit Silverlight Tutorial Page for all the Chapters
Your Feedbacks/Suggestions are most welcome & highly appreciated...
Please DROP a LINE here...