Visual Studio LightSwitch is a new tool for building data-driven Silverlight Application using Visual Studio IDE. It automatically generates the User Interface for a Data Source without writing any code. You can write a small amount of code also to meet your requirement.
LightSwitch is currently in it's Beta 2 stage. Read this post to know about the installation process of it. Also find the installer location to download it freely.
If you are very new to LightSwitch, you can easily download it from Microsoft Download Centre and install it. You can find it here:
Before installing LightSwitch Beta 2, make sure that, you don't have the previous version of LightSwitch.
If you already have LightSwitch Beta 1 installed, then follow the below steps:
- First of all, uninstall LightSwitch Beta 1
- Uninstall LightSwitch Beta 1 VSLS Server prerequisites
- If you have Visual Studio 2010, install Visual Studio 2010 SP1
- Install LightSwitch Beta 2 at the end
LightSwitch installer will install/update the following items depending on the installed package:
- .Net Framework 4.0
- Silverlight 4.0 Runtime and SDK
- SQL Server Compact Edition and dependent libraries
- TFS 2010 Object Model
- Visual C++ runtime and redistributable
- WCF RIA Services V1 SP1
- Visual Studio LightSwitch Beta 2 and dependent packages