Windows Phone 7.1 Developer Tools (code named "Mango") Beta has been released on 24th May 2011. It contains a no. of new features (more than 500) including Internet Explorer 9 and Skype inbuilt in the OS. Find more about the features here. You can use this new Beta Tools to develop applications targeted to both 7.0 and 7.1 OS version. Remember that, it is still in Beta stage (i.e. development stage) and hence you can't use it for production.
In this post, find the links from where you can download (both Web & Standalone/Offline installer) and install the Developer Tools 7.1 Beta release.
You can download it from any of the following path:
- Web Installer for Windows Phone 7.1 Beta Tools - 3.4 MB
- Standalone/Offline installer for Windows Phone 7.1 Beta Tools (ISO image) - 717.81 MB
- Developer Tools Beta Release Note - 48 KB
Once downloaded, start the installation process to continue. Remember that, if you have Visual Studio 2010 already installed in your development environment, you must install Service Pack 1 before installing the Windows Phone 7.1 Developer Tools.
To install the 7.1 Beta tools, your System should match the following Requirements:
- You must have Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 or Windows 7 OS (any edition except Starter Edition)
- At least 3 GB RAM and 4 GB free Hard Disk space
- DirectX 10 or above with WDDM 1.1 driver capable graphics card
Windows Phone 7.1 Developer Tools package
Windows Phone 7.1 Developer Tools beta will install the followings from the package:
- Windows Phone 7.1 Developer Tools Beta
- Silverlight 4 SDK and Runtime
- Windows Phone Emulator
- XNA Game Studio 4.0 Refresh Windows Phone Extensions
- WCF Data Services client
- Expression Blend SDK Preview for Phone 7.1
- Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition (if you don't have Visual Studio installed)