Silverlight 5 Release Candidate is now available from Microsoft. They just released the RC build to public. You will be able to download it freely from Microsoft Download Center.
In this post, I am going to share the link of the Silverlight 5 RC Tools for Visual Studio 2010. Download it and start building your application. Make sure that, it's not in "Go-Live" license, so you can't deploy the Silverlight applications build with this release to production. This build is just for the developers to give the developers a chance to test their applications before they release the final version.
Download Silverlight 5 Release Candidate
Silverlight delivers the richest set of capabilities available to developers today through a Web‐browser plug‐in. Announced last December and shipping later this year, Silverlight 5 makes further advances in media, application development and user experience, adding over 40 new features. The Silverlight 5 RC provides developers their first opportunity to start exploring these new capabilities.
You can download the Silverlight 5 RC bits from the below links:
- Silverlight 5 (Release Candidate) Tools for Visual Studio 2010 SP1
- Optional Links
- Silverlight 5 (Release Candidate) SDK (Included in Silverlight 5 Tools)
- Silverlight 5 (Release Candidate) Developer Runtime for Windows (Included in Silverlight 5 Tools)
- WCF RIA Services for Silverlight 5 (Release Candidate) (Included in Silverlight 5 Tools)
- Silverlight 5 (Release Candidate) Developer Runtime for Mac
Make sure that, you removed the previous Beta version of Silverlight 5 completely before going to install this version.
Silverlight 5 Tutorial
New to Silverlight 5? Read out some Tutorial series available in the following locations:
Stay tuned to my Blog to find out some new articles on Silverlight 5 RC bits.CodeProject